Team Tortoise are Cheryl, Min, Opus, Elaine and Carrie

5 torts making their slow and steady ascent up Mt Kinabalu...


Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cheryl

Thanks Min for the vivid and detailed recap. It was almost surreal to re-live the account, only to be reminded by my sore legs that it really happened.

Serendipity indeed, as Carrie puts it, that I found myself on my first ever outdoor adventure trip with such a great bunch of travelling companions. Never in my wildest dreams (especially when cursing under my breath as I walk up the short flight of stairs of Raffles Place MRT station that my knees are creaking with age) did I think that I would ever successfully climb up or down the equivalent of 6 hours worth of stairs each way!

Like Elaine, my return to home even after such a short trip required some mental adjustment - I found myself missing the National Geographic mountainous view, that above-the-clouds feeling, even the sensation of being enveloped by sudden mist. Ha, I'd better get over this sentimentalism or I might find myself saying Yes to another mountain climb!!!

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment